Monday, December 31, 2007

i'm not blue

So it looks like 2007 is coming to a close...We'll be raising a glass to the new year...or maybe it will just slip into our lives while we sleep and we'll wake up to find we are in 2008.

Pantone made the announcement that the color of 2008 was 'blue'. Out with green, out with red...in with blue...blue iris or cerulean blue...yeah I like blue... According to the executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, “Blue Iris brings together the dependable aspects of blue, underscored by a strong, soul-searching purple cast. Emotionally, it is anchoring and meditative with a touch of magic.” I like it...it's zen...it's soul-searching...we could all use more of that in 2008...

Let me tie up some loose ends before I bid you so long, farewell in 2007...I hate leaving things unfinished and unanswered and I get behind on your questions sometimes.

Pattisl: Yes...that's Dakota (my sister Veronica's son), Becca and Jesse (my kids) and Devon (my neice).


Anonymous: I don't think Veronica has ever worn any of my pieces in a movie...though they did use some pictures I had taken of her when she was younger in a "Cold Case" I think it was.


Karen: Thanks for the post on your blog...and to all who add my blog to their blog...much appreciated.


Flassie Fil's: Pintoid Camera? Multitoid? Spytoids? That is so darn cool...there is so much to learn...and only 24 hours in the day.

Frank: Glad you enjoyed all the customs and traditions. They were a mish mash of things I had gathered here and there so feel free to print them out and spread them around.
Thanks also to all you blogges for writing the traditions you have that make your season special.


Connie: About the Rose Parade...I did it many times...froze my tush off many times on that parade route...I did it one year in my spacesuit with Bill Mumy...Here I am ready to start the parade with
Tab Hunter...Anyone remember him? Gotta love the gloves and mini cape...

Will see you on the flip side of the year...I'm signing off for this year 2007...thank you everyone for your comments and kind words...for flagging down my blog for a read every now and then...and for indulging my whims.


observer

11 comments:

Shelley said...

Blue is good! I redid my guest room bedding in blue today!

Happy New Year, Angela. May you continue to inspire.

Sherry said...

Happy new year to you...may the coming year be filled with love, with laughter and with joy. May it spill over in an abundance of inspiration...and if blue is the colour du jour, pour l'annee...so be it...blue has so many possibilities.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela,

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to write me an ok to print out the customs and traditions on your blog. Also for sharing your Christmas gifts and party pictures. You and your family and friends are all such beautiful people! Have a wonderful New Year and I'll see you in the blogosphere!
Love from Frank.

Anonymous said...

I use to handpaint furniture in periwinkle blue! Thank You!
Happy New Year Health Wealth and Love. Denise Massachusetts

DeniseLynn said...

I just stumbled across your blog. How interesting that this happened for me ... it was pure mistake; a hppy accident. my 5 eyar old and I love to watch the sound of music and we watch it often. I am an artist and a busy mom to 2 little boys (even though I am already over 40 years old - I wish the little ones kept me young as they all say it does, instead of leaving me exhausted and feeling older than ever most days.) *wink* I so often forget about me and my passion to create. in 2008 it is my desire to create more. worry less. pray more. I love the color blue! You've inspired me already and encouraged me too. Your blue piece is candy to my eyes. thanks. I'll visit often I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Blue is my color. I mean, they say everyone has a color that represents his personality. There's a quiz you can take to find out. It's kinda fun.

Anonymous said...

Wow, my living room has had outdated blue carpet for the last 11 years we've lived in this house! Always wanted to change it to off-white, but never had the finances to do it. Maybe I should just leave it -- I will be in style this year!
pattisl

ann h said...

Hi Angela, I love blue.That's a precious picture of you and Tab Hunter.Happy New Year.

The Artful Eye said...

Blue's out of the box for me. That's good news. I love that Rose Parade pic and of course Tab Hunter of Operation Bikini and Polyester to name a few.
Happy New Year! and thanks for all the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I have heard blue is the 2008 color. Is my favorite one and I'm dressed in that color most of the time.

I like your photo of the Rose Parade.

Wish you and everybody a Happy New Year!.

Anonymous said...

I found your site while on Theangelstory.com. Wow. I hope to be at the book signing!
If you're walking with your head held high, you'll see the sky is blue and blue will make you smile!
So blue is the color of a smile. Happy New Year.