Saturday, December 09, 2006

on giving...


One thing that is important to me is making time. Even when I feel I have no time to give,I remind myself...life is short, make the time, and somehow...it all works out. The beginning of this week I made time to be with my friends... I sorely needed the break, and I have returned more focused and able to get on with the multitude of things I need to get done by the end of this month. Life is short...and there is no better tonic than a healthy dose of laughter and fun! So off I went with three of my friends to get in the holiday spirit...see the lights of the holidays, play a few games, laugh, talk, eat, partake of holiday cheer and be merry. It was refreshing. I took this picture of Christy, Karen and Simone with a self timer from the roof of a car just before we left Balboa Island after a couple of days of fun. We have been friends for almost 25 years...some friendships are golden.
We look a bit tired, but invigorated.

The art of giving is tricky business...The most joy comes when you find that perfect item you know the receiver will love...there should be no dollar value on gifts that we give...instead gifts should come from the heart.

some pearls of wisdom...
The flow of life is nothing other than the harmonious interaction of all the elements and forces that structure the field of existence. This harmonious interaction of elements and forces in your life operates as the Law of Giving. Because your body and your mind and the universe are in constant and dynamic exchange, stopping the circulation of energy is like stopping the flow of blood. Whenever blood stops flowing it begins to clot, to coagulate, to stagnate. That is why you must give and receive in order to keep wealth and affluence-or anything you want in your life-
circulating in your life.
The more you give, the more you will receive, because you will keep the abundance of the universe circulating in your life. In fact, anything that is of value in life only multiplies when it is given. That which doesn't multiply through giving is neither worth giving nor worth receiving. If, through the act of giving, you feel you have lost something, then the gift is not truly given and will not cause increase. If you give grudgingly, there is no energy behind that giving. It is the intention behind your giving and receiving that is the most important thing.
Practicing this concept is actually very simple: if you want joy, give joy to others; if you want love, learn to give love; if you want attention and appreciation, learn to give attention and appreciation; if you want material affluence, help others to become materially affluent. Even the thought of giving, the thought of blessing, or a simple prayer has the power to affect others.

Deepak Chopra

I hope you are taking the time to enjoy the season...

6 comments:

Disneybear said...

Dear Angela,
Your post today hit me right in the heart. It is so important that we "take the time", because of how quick and fragile life can be. I thank you for "giving" me this message today that I needed today in my hectic life. I wish you and your family a happy and safe holiday season!

Amanda A. Brooks said...

i began my holiday season with two great holiday films-DECK THE HALLS and THE HOLIDAY. also MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS. :) now i can get in the holiday spirit and forget about the next 2 hectic weeks. :) happy holidays!!!! love, amanda
:)
amandaromantic.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It is always difficult to set aside time for what's important to us, isn't it? Getting together with a bunch of gal friends to talk, laugh, and share is a special blessing. It helps us to soften some of the rough spots in life.

I have to ask - the picture of the house decorated so beautifully with lights. Is that your house or is that where you stayed? What a great decorating job!

I am hopeful that we will get some snow here in Ohio before Christmas. But with unusual temps. near 50 this week, I'm not sure we will get a white Christmas.

Happy Holidays to your family!
pattisl

Amanda A. Brooks said...

why didn't coco go see the lights or go to balboa with you guys? -amanda
:)
amandaromantic.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

oh. my. god. you h ave been my hero since, like forever!!!! now i just foundout you do art too. much love to you and i will bookmark your blog and give you a shout out on my blog!!!
peace, love and glitter,
kathy :-)
(crafty chica)

Joyce said...

It took awhile, but I finally got the podcast to work so that I could enjoy your interview. I am definately going to have to spend some time and listen to more of her programs, they're very helpful. I have been stuck in the "gathering" phase for some time now it's so nice to finally have a name for it (I thought I was just being obsessive, there's just so many wonderful ideas and materials out there.) She needs to add one more.... the organizing phase. That one can really take over your life!
So many projects, so little time.
Happy Holidays !!!!