Saturday, October 13, 2012

unexpected places...

I'm getting ready for an art exhibit in November... It's called conceal & reveal...a joint show with my art comrade Connie Freedman...
I feel on the precipice of a cliff about to jump... maybe instead of jumping it's more like I'm about to bungee jump...there is a ton of art ready to spill out and I just need the time... I think I will be locking myself in my studio for the next few weeks...completing, painting, analyzing and delivering what's in my brain...

Sometimes you find 'art' stuff in the most unexpected places..I love when that happens. You see, I made an appearance with my Sound of Music buddies a couple of weeks ago... Kym Karath, Charmian Carr and I joined Debbie Turner  with an appearance at this cool event called the Taste of Arcadia.. It was a huge collection of vittles from all different food places in Arcadia... and it was tasty...

 but the thing that caught my eye was the plate you received when you arrived. It had a nifty thumb holder and a handy cup holder that could hold paint or gesso....Another cool thing is the plastic coating which makes it a breeze to clean up... I was very excited to bring it home and start using it... that's crazy right? But I love it... and I have never found a palette I liked as much...so much can be found in unexpected places... 

No comments: