Thursday, July 19, 2012

sytycd...

It was so cool to go to a live taping yesterday of my favorite show So You Think You Can Dance (also known as SYTYCD).  I mean have you seen the dancers this year? They're inhuman!  And they didn't disappoint when I went to watch the taping. Invited by Fred Bronson who wrote our book "The Sound of Music Family Scrapbook", I brought along my friend Debbie who is another fan of the show.  We had a blast.  Enjoying some vittles before the performance, catered by My World On A Plate, (some of the best backstage catered food ever.) that was only the beginning of a really good time. 



After some amazing performances by the top 20, there was a Step Up Revolution performance. I gotta see this movie. I love Twitch...If you missed the show you can see more performances here...
Thanks Fred! a great day I'll not soon forget...

3 comments:

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time! One of my favorite shows. Benji Schwimmer (season 1?) my all time favorite SYTYCD dancer.

Susie said...

OMG You got to see this season's awesome, amazing, out of this world dancers??? That is sooooo cool Angela. We live that show in the summer. Seriously. We went to the season 2 tour way back all those years and if I could we'd go every year. DD's BFF took her 2 years ago. My 2 are at dance camp this week and they are going to be bummed out when they learn that Daniel went home on Wednesday. We had nick-named him Roo for his Aussie roots. This season is already gone beyond my expectations. Movement as art. It truly is.

margo alexander said...

It's interesting how the dancers can make awkward look graceful. It's unique. The costumes are perfect for this routine. The music is pretty and tells a story of woe. It all ties together nicely.