Saturday, August 02, 2008

veggies, chairs and calenders


I did some gardening today. Here are my flowering leeks...and my itsy bitsy corn. It's so cute...how can you tell when corn is ripe for picking?
My yellow tomatoes are yummy, we had them in our salad tonight.
I'm really proud of my potager garden, though real veggie growers are probably having a chuckle.


I am really into chairs right now...I don't know why...but I am.
I fell for this set of three chairs through the window of Merchant Voyage in Loveland, Colorado...and I plan to dress them up for seasonal occasions. Here is their summer look with seashells. I just love them...


This is a new 2009 calendar published by Amber Lotus. One of my collages "Mosaic Seasons" appears in it, though I'm not sure what month. I haven't seen it in person yet but it looks like a pretty cool calendar. I see they are available on Amazon if you are ready to accept another year is just around the corner.



11 comments:

Tiglizzyclone said...

Your veggies look better than my veggies. No lie! The only thing growing in our yard that looks ok is the sunflowers.

Amanda A. Brooks said...

Those chairs are beautiful. :) -Amanda
:)

Anonymous said...

The top shadow pic looks like Smallhead Scissorhand

{oc cottage} said...

The chairs are so cool....


M ^..^

Seth said...

That first shadow shot is a one-of-a-kind keeper!

Anonymous said...

Eeks. That first pic is scary looking. I will probably have a nightmare tonight. lol. I'm always gardening. Do you have a pond? I have a pond with fish in it. And lily pads. I'm going to get that calendar if I can. Are those miniature chairs? That's a good idea about decorating them for the seasons.

Amanda A. Brooks said...

Check this out, Angela.
-Amanda
:)
http://www.thelivinggarden.com/

Amanda A. Brooks said...

http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/2008/07/goodnight-sweet.html

This is so adorable - puppies' bedtime.

-Amanda
:)

Anonymous said...

Advice from an Iowan:  Check the corn when the ears have grown to a fairly good size and the husks begin to dry out by pulling back about an inch or so of husk.  Picking in early morning or late night best -- cool temps.  Beware racoons -- in a city garden they are far better judges of ripeness than humans are!  Good luck.

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

Angela, that Buddha is BEAUTIFUL. I just *love* it!

ann h said...

Hi Angela,Thanks for all those beautiful pictures.I love your chairs.