Friday, April 17, 2009

a special day...

Happy Birthday Mum...

I've learned.... That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
I've learned.... That when you're in love, it shows.
I've learned.... That just one person saying to me, 'You've made my day!' makes my day.
I've learned.... That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being right.
I've learned....That you should never say no to a gift from a child.
I've learned.... That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way.
I've learned.... That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.
I've learned.... That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
I've learned.... That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
I've learned.... That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.
I've learned.... That money doesn't buy class.
I've learned.... That it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
I've learned.... That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.
I've learned....That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
I've learned.... That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.
I've learned....That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.
I've learned....That life is tough, but I'm tougher.
I've learned... That opportunities are never lost, someone will take the ones you miss.
I've learned....That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
I've learned....That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
I've learned....That the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post Angela. I enlarged the photos of you and your mom and realized I had the same book you had in the photo. Marge

scb said...

What a beautiful post! Happy Birthday, Angela's Mum!!!

Tiglizzyclone said...

Happy birthday to your mom! That is a wonderful list of things you have learned... I especially have learned that I am glad God hasn't given me everything I ask for. How many big mistakes were avoided because of that! And I love that that smiling does improve ones looks!

stregata said...

I absolutely love this.
Renate

rscoach said...

Thanks, Angela! This is really great and Happy B'day to your Mum! Reva (Los Angeles)

Rusted Wings said...

all of these wonderful truths i share with you as apart of "my favorite things"!!!
thank you for this beautiful post!
xoabigail

Gerushia's New World said...

Angela:

I've actually read this over several times. There is true knowledge to be held from these little tidbits. Thanks so much for sharing.

Happy Birthday to your mom too!

Kim
Garden Painter Art

Judy - WS said...

That's beautiful, Angela ... a lovely gift for your very lovely mother! I hope she has a glorious day!

XX
Judy - WS

James said...

Love the pic of you and your Mother,so so sweet. Wish her a happy B-Day.... Sry, hard to be funny with a mist in your eyes.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom.

I share her birthday.

Linda-B said...

I love this post. Thank you for sharing.

ann h said...

What sweet and beautiful pictures of you and your mom.Happy Birthday.

Flassie's Fil'a said...

OH, Happy Birthday to Your Mum!

I'll play a tune on my Mandolin
in Celebration of Her!

I love this piece you wrote!

God Bless You and Yours and
Your Creative Beautiful Life!!!

margo said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! :)

LR said...

Angela,

Thank you for these lovely thoughts. I have visited your website many times, but just found your blog. Thrilled!

Gerushia's New World said...

Hi Angela:

I love this post. I know I've already commented, but I just can't believe how true all of these little tidbits are.

Also, just wanted to let you know that I'm having another giveaway on my blog today. If you have a chance, stop by and have a look.

Kim
Garden Painter Art

SteveOkTU said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum. She must be a great lady to have a daughter like Angela.

Happy Mum's day to you and all the wonderful Mums, and mine too!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't know you even had a blog, Angela. I know you've heard this millions of times before, but ya, I'm yet another guy who always had a lifetime crush on you. (Probably since the mid-1960s in Long Beach when I heard a rumor that your family knew the family of one of my friends.)

It seems that one thing that can never change about you are those sparkling, mystical eyes. Whenever I see them looking at me from across the video screen, they always seem to be telling me that I just pitched a no-hitter for the Dodgers to win the World Series!

The fact that in recent years you've also turned to art, one of my main interests, only makes you that much more incredible!

wburgcanchaser said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=julWuMr9XpQ From your inspiring post and prodding to go to Carlsbad, came this You Tube. This is the easiest way to deliver flowers to my family all over the US and world. I hope you have a few minutes to watch. Thanks.
Happy Mother's Day to you and yours.
CB

Outstanding Stranger said...

I am so glad I stopped by here tonight.I loved your thoughts on what is important in this life. How wonderful in our busy life that we can take a few minutes to read someones inspirational thoughts...I love blogging for this reason.

lisaleigh said...

When I was little, during the Danny Thomas days, my family always said I looked and acted just like you. That was a great compliment, and I think you are still just as beautiful as you were back then!