Sunday, June 05, 2011

hardware vintage style...

Come with me on a visit to Liz's Antique Hardware. It's on South La Brea Avenue in Los Angeles...and it's totally cool...even if you are not into hardware at all...



Look at the old...the vintage...the patterns...the millions of pieces of hardware...just soak it all in....
I have an library card holder with eight drawers...but I would love to have this one to sort out all my art supplies. That would be heaven...




There are keyholes, and knobs, and wheels, and locks and sconces and door plates...and it is just mind boggling... 
and in the back...there's a bargain room where there is a bunch of chipped, broken, cool, odds and ends...just for mixed media artists like us...
And upstairs there is an art gallery called The Loft At Liz's. Definetly worth a visit...
All this art and hardware made us hungry, so we darted into La Brea Bakery across the street...yum

7 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Hardware and a bakery? It was a complete excursion then... both sound, and look marvelous. Thank you for sharing.

James said...

Great post!. I could spend all day and a million dollars in this store. Ummm, just out of curiosity, do they sell outhouse door locks??... just wondering.....LOve all your work.

ed thomas said...

Hi Angela, I been in a good number of antique shops in my time but this is the first one I seen that was devoted just for hardware.

scb said...

Oh... those library card drawers just make me drool! and what fun it would be to just play in that store. (I mustn't put it on my list for my up-coming trip to LA, though. I'd be too tempted in a place like that!)

Little Leslie said...

You need to do Liz's advertising. You lift hardware( I know, not just ordinary hardware) to the heights of art. I love your photo technique. I could pick it out anywhere. Brilliant, Angela!
take care,
Leslie

Mystical_Lucie said...

What a wonderful store to explore in! Only you would think of using old hardware to make art -- what a creative person you are. I loved seeing all those antique candleholders and the old doorknobs, especially those glass ones. Did you see any with a flower inside them? My grandma had those glass knobs all over her house and my favorites were the ones with the flowers inside. Thanks for taking us along with you on your visit.

pd said...

what a neat little shop to visit.....mmmmm there's a thought.