Thursday, August 13, 2009

thinking small...really small

Willard Wigen creates his art on the tiniest of surfaces. Like in the eye of a needle, on the head of a pin or on an eyelash...Willard’s micro-sculptures have become so minute that they are only visible through a microscope.






How does he do it? His story is pretty amazing...and he has a book being released soon.

Check out his online store at his website to see more about Willard Wigan and his amazing micro art. People just never cease to amaze me...


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw him last night on Conan O'Brien....absolutely amazing !
~~ Mary Lib

Anonymous said...

Good God.
I heard about this on NPR but thank you for the visuals.
I repeat:
Good God

scb said...

That is absolutely mind-boggling! Wow. It's all so wonderful, but that owl in the eye of the needle really blows me away!

Thanks for telling us about this!

ooglebloops said...

All I can say is How? - and WOW!!!!

margo said...

Ooo, I love that owl one. I guess that guy has pretty good eyesight to do that kind of art.

Linda Byrd said...

What an amazing artist

instant cash loans said...

Wow!!! I am really very curious how these things were made. It is such a very amazing artwork. What a very creative person. That was great!!!

boracay condo said...

What a very cute and tiny little creatures. LOL!!!