Wednesday, December 13, 2006

being crafty


Whew what a week...

I got an email from Alison Lee at CraftCast who told me the interview we did a couple of weeks ago is up and running on her site.
Give it a listen when you get a chance.


Bernie Berlin's new book "Artist Tading Card Workshop . create, collect, swap" just arrived in the mail today. It was great to see the pieces I had made for the book sitting there in living color. This is a great book to purchase if you like ATC's or just some cool art. There are also some great techniques included that are sure to inspire you.





It's been a busy week. Sprinkled along with making art and writing my book, using my left brain then my right brain, I've had a break here and there, though not nearly enough of them.
Our annual Mah Jongg Christmas with the gals was a day at Mare's lovely beach cottage.I could have used a week there it was so beautiful on the island.


Today I did an interview with Bill Mumy for a documentary project called "In Search of Black and White." They asked us questions about what it was like to be in television in those early years when TV was black and white. It was good to see my ole friend Bill once again, who brought along his lovely daughter Liliana...now in 7th grade...how did that happen?

I was saddened to hear about the passing of Peter Boyle. He played my father in "Beyond the Poseidon Adventure." He had a pretty gruff and tuff exterior...and I can't really say I warmed up to him. He was a very professional actor who made lots of people laugh on 'Everybody Loves Raymond.".

So,I'm taking each day as it comes, trying to enjoy all the Christmasy things...though my house is in limbo between kinda decorated but not yet done zone.
I try to put up a decoration every time I pass by the living room...
Can't wait to get our tree...maybe tomorrow I can steal myself away to pick one up. I always love how it fills the house with the yuletide smells of the season. There is no chance of snow in LA...It was 80 today I think.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a very

Merry Christmas


Angela.

Anonymous said...

I was really sad to hear about Peter Boyle too. Sad enough that he passed away, but it always seems worse when it happens at this time of year. I tend to get sad when "tv Dads" pass away...Carroll O'Connor, Michael Landon, John Ritter, and now Peter Boyle. I LOVE Everybody Loves Raymond. I don't know much about his earlier work but he was great on Raymond. The king of one-liners!

Joyce said...

It was almost 60 here today and I am feeling very happy about a green Christmas this year. (I know, "bah humbug") In 10 weeks I am off to SO. Cal and will not come back "till spring steps over me window sill". Will miss the grandbabies big time but not the cold and snow. They are my sunshine, but it gets cold here!
Just ordered Bernie's book, can't wait.....

Amanda A. Brooks said...

does coco play Mah Jongg? i was so sad to hear about peter. i loved young frankenstein, and although i really didn't watch it, him in raymond. it might rain this weekend. while not snow, rain.
-amanda
:)
amandaromantic.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hard to feel "Christmasy" when it's so tropical outside. It's supposed to be 78 here in Houston today! I was surprised that Peter Boyle was so young. My husband and I just now started watching "Everybody Loves Raymond" (in re-runs, of course) and are hooked. We love him!

~jolene said...

Angela,
Truly loved the ATC's you posted. Rich layers that kept me lingering over them...

Wonderful interview - so nice to hear your thoughts and views - it unites us as artists to know we alone don't feel what we feel and need to express...

Glad you enjoyed your time on the island -- I was walking the south waterfront taking photos with my granddaughter earlier in the week!

I know I am not alone in wishing you much success with all of your artistic endeavors -- looking forward to savoring and being inspired by it all!

Peace... ~jolene

Midhrifs said...

T'is a nice picture there of you & Bill Mumy. I like the 'understanding' look the two of you share. Long-time friends that used to buzz around the galaxy together on LIS. S'great.

Oh yeah, and happy anniversary to your blog.