Thursday, September 01, 2011

scents and sensibilities...part 3

One of the most enjoyable adventures Becca and I shared was making our own purfumed oil. It all takes place in the Aromatherepy room inside the Artists Cottage.
One by one you smell the different oils and decide what resonates with you...



...a sniff of coffee beans cleans the sinuses
It's really so much fun...


You fill in your booklet with your favorite scents...and then you choose what you like and your perfumed oil is created in these cool perfume vats by your master Aromatherapiest.



Then you name your creation, and it's all yours...and you go and have a massage with your own signature fragrance. it's pretty close to heaven...On my list of things to do was to create a fragrance someday...I must say what I developed here is a spirited and unruly fragrance.

And so our adventure in Ojai ended...but I'm not worried...we'll be back...

..

3 comments:

James said...

Sunlight and softrain, moonlight and fireflies, mothers and daughters together in love..... Wonderful,

Little Leslie said...

I would love to do that. Thanks for the post.
Leslie

Mystical_Lucie said...

That sounds like so much fun, I'd love to create a fragrance all my own too. What were some of the favorite scents which you had noted down on your card? Are you attracted more to floral scents or to food aromas like vanilla, orange, lime, etc.?