Wednesday, June 18, 2008

in our house...














I'm back from my trip to Colorado. After running to three different gates to catch my flight (United could not make up there mind where they wanted the plane to leave from)...It's a good thing I left plenty of time for such shananagins...
After driving from Denver to Fort Collins, my
whirlwind began of booksignings, teaching, visiting, shopping and fun.

Here I am when I arrived at my art pal and co-author Sarah Fishburn's living room...


and here are the lovely peony sitting in my room from Sarah's own peony bush. Talk about glorious color and fragrance.


The book signings begin...at Barnes & Noble,


We loved our visit with the oh so talented Tiffini Elektra X who was a contributing artist to our book "In This House".
We made some new friends at Borders Books who took good care of us and gave us the best cup of iced coffee ever...

and then to Timeless Creations...where the original house art was on display for all to see.

The classes Sarah and I taught took place at "Creative Underground at Timeless Creations" and we had a blast with our lovely artistic students who soaked up our techniques and demonstrations and thenput their own spin on things. Hats off to you ladies for some impressive creative work.



Christi, the Creative Underground Maven, made all of us fantastic lunch...
thanks Christi for all you did...
More about Sarah and my play days around Fort Collins in my next post.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah chose Peony for your room because it kinda sounds like Penny.

Carol said...

I have been reading your blog for a while now and didn't connect you to the book. I have your book and i LOVE it, it has been widely passed around my evening class and I wanted to say how lovely it is and how happy you look in your pics, congratulation and well done on such fab ideas and a lovely concept.

Anonymous said...

Those classes look like fun. Love the peonies. What a thoughtful gesture of Sarah to pick them for your room. I love your shadow pix. I have a pic of my shadow from a few years back. I was taking a pic of something else and my shadow got in the way. lol.

Erika Tysse said...

Wow, looks like you two had some fun! Always wish I had the opportunity to attend some of these booksignings but my schedule (and kids) never seem to mesh. On another note, Rec'd my house, thanks! There have been many that have asked to see it "in real life" and I had forgotten what it really looked liked so I was happy to hold it again. happy summer!

Linda B said...

what a wonderful journey you travel :)

sf said...

Clever Mr. Knowitall should get a prize!!!
FINALLY someone gets how I think. . .
sarah

ann h said...

Sounds like you had a great time!I'm taking my art lessons again this month and plan to take your books with me.